what type of food?

Are you brining home young layers or young meat birds? When you say "chicks" are you picking up newly hatched chicks or started birds that are several weeks old? Do you want to subscribe to any particular program such as GMO free, Organic, etc? Do you have other birds already that these will be living with?

Will be bringing home newly hatched chics, no there are not any other birds and they will be egg layers

Hi!
I got chicks recently, and we are planning for them to be egg-layers. We bought chick starter feed (medicated) from the same store we bought the chicks from. You probably don't need my advice, though, because I bet if you are buying them from a store that they will advise you on a certain kind. Good luck with your chicks!

Will be bringing home newly hatched chics, no there are not any other birds and they will be egg layers

Any commercial starter/grower ration will be fine. I use Purina flock raiser from the first to last day any bird is in my flock. ...this eliminates having to progress to other formulas, such as layer ration, as the birds age or having to try to feed a mixed flock (age, gender, laying status) different feeds...but does make it necessary to provide supplemental calcium (ie oyster shell) to those birds that are actively laying

Back
Top Bottom