What type of geese would be best for me?

Type of goose

• Toulouse

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Embden

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Buff

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Tufted Roman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pilgrim

• African

• Tufted Toulouse

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
flockman sorry you havent met a good LGD, We wouldnt trade our for the world. The two oldest (both 3) have been raised with the birds and worked with daily for the first two years of their lives. Our third is 8 months old and in training. He is outside 24/7 on a line with a dog house and his own yard. We work him with the adult male (tethered together) so he learns to leave the birds alone. I think buying from farms where the pups start day one outside near the animals so they can learn from mom early on.

I'm biased. I am in love with my Toulouse, and they get along great with my Khaki Campbells, Muscovy and Call ducks.

Sure they don't lay an extremely high # of eggs, but goslings go for $50+ for good dewlaps. If you have 15 that hatch a year (they lay around 35 - low balling it) they will net you $750 a year.

young pairs go for $200+ a pair.

They are quiet, easy to manage and beautiful.

flockman sorry you havent met a good LGD, We wouldnt trade our for the world. The two oldest (both 3) have been raised with the birds and worked with daily for the first two years of their lives. Our third is 8 months old and in training. He is outside 24/7 on a line with a dog house and his own yard. We work him with the adult male (tethered together) so he learns to leave the birds alone. I think buying from farms where the pups start day one outside near the animals so they can learn from mom early on.
Wish I had an older dog to help train my pup!

Back
Top Bottom