What type of incubator should I get?

Welcome to BYC,,Your in the peafowl section and your nickname suggests you like chickens but to hatch eggs depends on how long you plan to hatch,how many eggs you plan to hatch per season,what variety of poultry-fowl your planning to hatch and your checkbook thickness.Cheepo's start around $50 and top of the line starts about $600 and up but are set it-forget it digital types.Some have automatic turners,some you turn yourself.

Oh sorry about that I lost track of where I was. I was planning on hatching two to three batches of 40 or more and I'm wanting to set it and forget it. I don't want to spend 600 dollars but will be willing to pay 3 to 4 hundred.

FBC is right. Really depends on if it is going to be a hobby or serious, type of eggs you plan to hatch, and how many. I had a Styrofoam incubator worked great for chickens but was a total failure with pea eggs, yet another gentleman uses same set up and is very successful.

If you are just starting out, no sure where it's going you might check out craigslist this time of year you can get some pretty good deals on used incubators. You might have to drive a ways.

Once you get set up BYC whether it is chickens, peafowl, or any other bird sure will help you get going. Just hit the drop down arrow on Forum Nav: and it will list where you want to go. Good luck with your adventure. Keep us posted.

I agree! I just purchased mine a short bit ago and it hasn't stopped since. Easy to use and the results are fantastic! 8 out of 12 eggs and the 4 weren't fertile. Save your pennies and get the 1588.
Haunted55 didn't you say it the electricity went off you could hook it up to a car battery also. That's a real plus if you live where the electricity usually fails in a storm.

Haunted55 didn't you say it the electricity went off you could hook it up to a car battery also. That's a real plus if you live where the electricity usually fails in a storm.
Yes! It's already saved me twice. I purchased mine from GQF, and got the battery adapter as well. Worth every penny! I am at the end of a line and lose the power at least once a month, rain or shine.

This incubator is pretty much fool proof. It tells you the temp. and humidity. There is no guess work. what's not to like?

Back
Top Bottom