What type of shampoo for chickens is safe

CochinBrahmaLover

Girl, I'm FABulous
8 Years
Dec 29, 2011
Warm.... Under a blanket... In Alaska...
Hi I'm new here I was wondering if some of you could give me some advice?
I got 3 new chickens today
big_smile.png
!! But their last owner had a smelly barn and now they smell like, I don't know just gross
sad.png
. So I was gonna put them in some water and clean them like show birds but we have no cat or dog or any other type of animal shampoo so I was wondering if its OK if I use human shampoo. Also I have an old english game rooster (hes BEAUTIFUL) and I want to keep good care of his feathers but I got him as and adult so he not the most tame so I was wondering if any of you know any tricks for keeping a rooster with inch long spurs calm
big_smile.png

The link is to some very good info on bathing chickens... By the way, I love Alaska, have been on some cruises up to your great state in years past, have also been to Barrow long ago. Can you say what town or general area you're from?
smile.png

The link is to some very good info on bathing chickens... By the way, I love Alaska, have been on some cruises up to your great state in years past, have also been to Barrow long ago. Can you say what town or general area you're from?
smile.png

Fairbanks, out of town, we love it too. I love grouse hunting! Never got a moose tho, once it was SO mean tho, we saw a BULL moose, on the SIDE of the road (just my mom and me so it would be hard if it wasnt close to the road to get it out to our house or truck) only prob was we didnt have a rifle, it was outof season and we didnt have a tag

I use children's liquid bubble bath. I lined them all up this morning, as a matter of fact, and washed crusty butts and poopy feathered feet. No need to rinse, either.

Back
Top Bottom