What type of worms are these?

Treat by putting the med on a treat, either stuff raspberries (great pill pocket) or on bread.

Feed each bird individually so you are certain they got the "treat."

Tapes can really run a bird down nutritionally, so some TLC with extra protein and vitamins wouldn't hurt.

Scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, and possibly some chick saver vitamins in the water would be a nice boost.

Good luck with your little flock.

LofMc

Understood. This is just a very very small flock of pet birds. I don’t sell eggs or meat and I personally don’t mind taking the risk to myself (so to speak). I will go to TSC after work tomorrow and dose the whole flock as soon as I get home.
The little guy was looking a bit under the weather today...should I provide him extra protein or vitamins to help him recover post treatment? Also, is there a best or way to administer this stuff? Syringe into the mouth.? Put on top of a piece of food? Mix with baby food???

Thank you for all the detailed advice! :bow
Good advice it was too . Just get him dewormed A.S.A.P. Just be sure the dewormer is a broad spectrum dewormer and will kill tapes and rounds . If you can find some of the little spoon shaped coffee stirrers a couple of those loaded heavy is plenty . I use a plastic fork with all but one tine broken off . A quarter inch on the end about a quarter inch high is plenty. I like the single dose for a horse . Take the little cap off and stick the fork tine in load it with dewormer . Place it as far back on the chickens tongue as possible. Repeat in a week to ten days . When you see worms the infestation is heavy.

Good advice it was too . Just get him dewormed A.S.A.P. Just be sure the dewormer is a broad spectrum dewormer and will kill tapes and rounds . If you can find some of the little spoon shaped coffee stirrers a couple of those loaded heavy is plenty . I use a plastic fork with all but one tine broken off . A quarter inch on the end about a quarter inch high is plenty. I like the single dose for a horse . Take the little cap off and stick the fork tine in load it with dewormer . Place it as far back on the chickens tongue as possible. Repeat in a week to ten days . When you see worms the infestation is heavy.
I appreciate your advice :thumbsup I feel so bad for the poor little guy. I will be sure to get this taken care of right away!

image.jpg
Guys so I have a chicken that is not doing well because of a dog attack... Anyways I just found a worm in her very runny poop! I’ve never wormed my chickens because I’ve read a lot of stuff and it sounded like I didn’t need to! If she has worms does that mean all of my chickens do?If so what do I use to deworm them?? Thanks so much!!

Back
Top Bottom