What Was I Thinking? LOL More does due in about a month...

helmstead

Songster
12 Years
Mar 12, 2007
Alfordsville, IN
I was looking at my kidding schedule and kicking myself yesterday...
hide.gif

I already have 5 does with kids in the nursery pen along with LG, our crippled goat doe and Ellie, an immature NDGA doe who won't be ready to breed for several more months. The nursery pen is the only one where a buck break in is nearly impossible...so they live in there.

Anywho...

In February, I have three does due to kid. Probably four if you count Scarlett, the Nubian doe who is due from Jan to March but isn't building an udder yet...so probably late Feb.

In March, two more.

In April, four more.

In May, one more.

Not to mention, Helen...who has been with Virtue since November...and he MIGHT have gotten her but we can't tell...

barnie.gif

What the HECK am I gonna do with all these? They have to stay in the nursery for 3 months (1 dry, 2 wet)...I've already converted Hank's pen into a pre-natal (dry) pen - which I usually do in the nursery.

he.gif

I see more goat pens in my near future...

I know the feeling Kate, got 5 due in Feb and then I think 5 due in Mar, and then some more due in Apr. If all have twins and thats a big IF as 1 had quads last year, that will be almost 30 babies...SHEESH...what was I thinking also. And I didnt even breed all of my does either. I think I still have 6 that are open...oh well they can have a little time off. I also have 2 that I'm not sure are bred or they are going to surprise me...Hang in there it will work out...

That's also a lot of milking, if you bred the does so they could be milked.
"What the HECK am I gonna do with all these?" Good marketing! Start marketing them now.
Oh, and enjoy the babies! They are sooo cute and cuddly!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom