What Was Your WORST Mother's Day Ever?

Quote:
I have now been put into perspective of another.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Smart girl you got there

thumbsup.gif
I agree!

We don't usually celebrate mothers' day. It's just a usual day like every other one in the year (it's never been in our tradition to do special things for birthdays, christmas, etc.) but this year things were spiced up a little with a good old mother-and-daughter fight, big screaming match.
roll.png

onecent & Calicofarm:
hugs.gif
That must've been hard.

Quote:
Even when you set your expectations low, on special days like Mother's Day , it is still horribly depressing and sad when they let you down. Again.

I had a crappy day this Mother's Day. I had 12 eggs shipped to me and only one hatched. I know not to expect much from shipped eggs, but it is hard not to get your hopes up...even a little. Well, one beautiful baby was born on Friday. She just got weaker and weaker and died on Mother's Day. That pretty much ruined the day for me...burying that little baby that I was trying so hard to help.
sad.png

My worst mother's day was last year, but it happened about a week after mother's day, but it involved my crazy mother and led to me not talking to her till well after
christmas this last year.

I got her a great gift, card.. blah blah blah...
A week later I get a call from her, of "why does your cousin think your father is from australia??" " why would you lie about something like that... how could you do that to me?"
Trying to think on what she said... I recalled a conversation with my cousin, and related it to her.
Catching up with her after a nearly 15 years or more of just not seeing or communicating with her due to distance. I had said that I had moved to Australia with my father as a teenager.
This didn't mollify my mother, and after trying to reason with her, and telling/asking her "Why would my cousin, who has a full life, children of her own try to make your life miserable
by some how plotting with her sister AND her mom, YOUR sister to make you all paranoid and come up with some sort of elaborate plot involving an erred fact about my father being
from australia??" It is a reasonable conjecture that she could think my father is from there, as she rarely had ever met him, and could extrapolate that he was from there.

She claimed it MUST be some plot that her sister came up with to get at her somehow...

I hung up on her, I just cannot deal with her brand of craziness... and that is why I live 2100 miles away.
She has done this time and again. I love her, but just cannot deal with her nuttiness...

My Momma had a massive stroke on Mother's Day 2009. The last coherent words she spoke to me were "Happy Mother's Day to you too, I love you". I will cherish that forever. She passed away three days later. She loved me enough to last me for a lifetime. I miss her something fierce, but after an eight year battle with lung cancer, chemo, blood transfusions, etc., I know that she is happily worshipping her savior now instead of dealing with any of the pain and anguish that was her life here.

I'm so sorry for all of you that lost your mothers on Mother's Day. I can't imagine anything that would make Mother's Day worse. Hugs to you all.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom