What waterers do you recommend?

Awesome thank you. That helps a lot
That's what BYC is for.

I lived in TX til about two years ago (East of Austin, there was "a fire". I lived there). Now I'm in NW Florida - not as hot, much more humid (feels a lot like Galveston, actually). My flock (in Sig, below) is a bit bigger than yours, I use rainfall filled 275 gal poly totes with attached nipple waterers. And MANY coats of paint to control algea. Needs cleaning with a brush and bleach, once yearly. A bit impractical for your situation. ;)

That's what BYC is for.

I lived in TX til about two years ago (East of Austin, there was "a fire". I lived there). Now I'm in NW Florida - not as hot, much more humid (feels a lot like Galveston, actually). My flock (in Sig, below) is a bit bigger than yours, I use rainfall filled 275 gal poly totes with attached nipple waterers. And MANY coats of paint to control algea. Needs cleaning with a brush and bleach, once yearly. A bit impractical for your situation. ;)

East Austin huh? When you say "fire" I think Bastrop, which is east of Austin. They always have fires, and a few years ago they had a really bad one. This year TX has had a really mild summer. It has not gone above 100, matter of fact I am not sure if it even go to 100. Normally we pass 100. I used to live in Cedar Park but it was too much like Austin. My little country town turned into a city. Now we are in Coryell county just outside of Copperas Cove which is north west of Austin.

East Austin huh? When you say "fire" I think Bastrop, which is east of Austin. They always have fires, and a few years ago they had a really bad one. This year TX has had a really mild summer. It has not gone above 100, matter of fact I am not sure if it even go to 100. Normally we pass 100. I used to live in Cedar Park but it was too much like Austin. My little country town turned into a city. Now we are in Coryell county just outside of Copperas Cove which is north west of Austin.
You thought right. That was "our" fire. We were lucky, inside the fire line but our home was spared, though we were evacuated for around two weeks. Nothing over 100? That sounds glorious. Admit I was in Austin surrounds many times, but not that far north and west - except maybe once coming home with my daughter from UTD, when the I35 was a disaster - we were detoured at least a county west for nearly the whole drive. Don't remember most of it, honestly.

You thought right. That was "our" fire. We were lucky, inside the fire line but our home was spared, though we were evacuated for around two weeks. Nothing over 100? That sounds glorious. Admit I was in Austin surrounds many times, but not that far north and west - except maybe once coming home with my daughter from UTD, when the I35 was a disaster - we were detoured at least a county west for nearly the whole drive. Don't remember most of it, honestly.
We are close to Fort Hood. Course, most of Coryell County is taken over by Ft Hood. I am so glad your home was spared. That fire was horrific. So very sad. Lots of beautiful woodland out that way.

Hello!
I only have 4 chickens and I have a big ol' 5 gallon waterer which I normally only fill to 2 or 3 gallons. I don't know if they are drinking it all in a day or if I am losing water some how but, I am looking at getting a new one. Any suggestions? I have seen some with "nipples" on them or some sort of thing. Do chicken naturally just "know" how to use those? I am want to make sure I am not wasting water. Water in my town must have gold in it cause it is expensive. All advice/suggestions welcome.

Thanks so much!
My 3 girls never drank with nipples I bought! I’ve used everything from a gallon milk jug with holes large enough for their combs to get inside, a 2 ltr pop bottle with a big hole 3/4 from the top (I add acv), plastic coffee cans, open thermos strapped to a post, and a big rubber oilpan mechanics use (stole from hubby) in the winter. Missouri gets subzero in January so I added a small aquarium heater… works.

Back
Top Bottom