What we do for our chickens

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by flnatv, Jun 3, 2011.

1. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    I've become a sucker for our little silkies....
    They are constantly digging holes in the bedding deeper than they are tall... scratching and looking for bugs.

I have become so entertained, that I keep a little stick in the coop (converted horse stall) and help them dig through the bedding to find bugs!!! If that isn't bad enough to spend hours doing this... I poked myself in the eye this morning trying to get the stick out of their way!!

I really don't want to have to tell the doctor that I poked my self in the eye while I was helping my chickens dig for bugs... [​IMG]
    He already thinks I am insane!!!

2. hennyannie

hennyannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hope your eye is okay. I have been to the urgent care clinic a few times myself, always have to tell them stupid stuff like I cut myself while watching the dog tear my building down after a mouse, or the horse stepped on my flip flop because I fell in front of her in a ditch and this list goes on.LOL Stay safe!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Careful now, you'll poke your eye out! Even if you don't have a red ryder BB gun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by