What will come of this???

Matt999W

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2015
Conroe, Tx
I have an amarican game hen laying fertile eggs. Broody silkie sitting on the latest laid. Issue is the cockerel taging my game hen is a salmon flaverolle. Candled last night and they are textbook healthy day 7. But what mutant bird is gonna hatch?

The chicks will not be mutant, they will be mixed breed. They will likely favor the Faverolle in looks, with silver (black and white) coloring, muffs, feathered legs, and white skin.
Good to know. I also have a game hen and a salmon faverolles cockerel. She is blue wheaten, would half the chicks be something that looks like blue salmon, if I bred them?

Good to know. I also have a game hen and a salmon faverolles cockerel. She is blue wheaten, would half the chicks be something that looks like blue salmon, if I bred them?
You could get blue salmon/regular salmon, or silver/blue silver. Salmon is a wheaten color/pattern with a silver base color instead of the usual gold/red base color. That's why the Salmon Faverolles males are black and white, instead of red and black.

Back
Top Bottom