What will happen if

Sex links are fertile, but in order to produce sex links certain parent stock must be used. Using a silky rooster will produce chicks, but they will very likely be dark skinned (some people don't like to eat them - others regard them as a delicacy), and egg production will be reduced in the pullets. If you are looking at a self sustainable flock, any large fowl rooster should be suitable for your needs. Understand that your sex link hens are unlikely to go broody - you will need an incubator.

Sorry I am wondering if I can actually incubate them because they were laid by a red sex link hen that has a silkie rooster to fertilize them and if I can incubate them what would they possibly look like

I heard that red sex link chickens would not reproduce more sex link chicks if they were fertilized with a red sex link rooster but I have a silkie rooster so I guess I'm wondering if I'm wasting my eggs and time incubating them
My red sex link produced sex link chicks. Their father is an Easter Egger roo.

What was the color differentiation between cockerels and pullets?

Note: the bigger ones are the sex link babies. The smaller ones aren't his.

They are chicks out of sex links, but they are not sex linked chicks - there is no color differentiation by sex in those chicks.

Thanks. I think I'm going to order some barred rocks and let the sex links just lay eggs unless I find people to buy them off me. They are very pleasant birds. My two year old sun plays with them a lot and they don't mind. I can't give up my silkie roo tho he will actually ride around on my shoulder while I collect eggs lol I call him the eagle:)

Back
Top Bottom