What will I get...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by D Bar J Acres, Dec 15, 2008.

1. D Bar J Acres

D Bar J Acres Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2007
    crossing a buff orp roo over to barred rock hens? and possibly EE's (brown/gold and blue/gold)? Thanks!

2. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    kittens...I am so sorry I did it again...I just couldn't control myself...[​IMG]...if the kittens are cute can I have one? I did it again! [​IMG]

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You'll get sexlinked birds, probably, with males barred and females basically black with gold/straw color leaking in the hackle area. You may get EEs from EE with any other breed, just different EEs.
    I mated my Blue Ameraucana hen with one of the Barred Rock roosters and got Panda, who lays green eggs.

Teach? Kittens? [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  4. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:[​IMG] wondering too

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:OMG....there is someone out there who thinks very similar to me. [​IMG] I feel frightened!!!! Are you lacking in sleep 'cause I think that is what is wrong with me!!! [​IMG]

6. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    LOL I thought maybe you get Gerbils... LOL But kittens would be cuter [​IMG] Though harder to fit in the egg [​IMG]

edited to add something useful [​IMG]

http://home.hetnet.nl/~h.meijers69/kruising.html

Use the 'show examples' button and then 'calculate crossing'

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  7. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    kittens is my standard question/answer when presented with something pregnant. My wife got really mad when I told her I hoped our second kid was a calico! I always ask friends thatif they have kittens I want a calico one.

Glad to see some one else is sick like me...yes I need sleep...it is finals time and I make tests or am taking tests! Teacher by day graduate student by night!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by