What will my chicks look like? EE X Black Australorp

CoopCop

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 19, 2014
Salina, KS
Just hatched five chicks last week that were a result off my EE, Booster the Rooster, and one of my Black Australorp pullets. They are currently little black fluffballs with a hint of silver. I was wondering if anyone else has raised this cross and what they will look and act like when grown? Just curious about what I will have.

What color was mama?

The mother bird is a black austrolorp per the OP.

OP - can you post pictures of your rooster? Being a mixed breed himself, that muddies the waters of possible outcomes depending on what sort of color genes he would have contributed to the mix.

The mother bird is a black austrolorp per the OP.

OP - can you post pictures of your rooster? Being a mixed breed himself, that muddies the waters of possible outcomes depending on what sort of color genes he would have contributed to the mix.

Old Grey Mare, SORRY. I meant what does the father look like then.

Ok, finally got some pics.
Here is dad

And here is Aunt Ethel, sister to the now deceased mom.

All the black and white chicks will be black. Black and yellow chicks may get a slight splash of colour and any chicks with any kind of colouring - such as just a small brown spot or something - will get some colouring. The only ones I got that aren't black or mostly black were born brown.

I'm thinking you're going to have mostly black birds with some red leakage. Females will have red at the throat/chest, males more on the wings, neck and hackle/saddle feathers.

Back
Top Bottom