What will my mixed chicks look like??

BellsCluckers

Chirping
Apr 21, 2015
I will be having an incubation hatch tomorrow or the day after! So excited! I have an Australorp roo... what will my chicks grow to look like. Dominique hen, Easter Egger hen, Buff Chantecler/Orpington (Mix) hen. If you have pictures of these mixes please do show!!!

Your Dominique hen will give you black sex links. Any chick with a white head spot will be male. Problem is you won't be able to tell the female bsl chicks from the other hens chicks. The bsl females will mature pretty much black. The buff hens chicks will likely mature a buff/black mix. The Ee are wild cards as far as color genetics, but the extended black from the Aussie father will carry over quite a bit.

Your Dominique hen will give you black sex links. Any chick with a white head spot will be male. Problem is you won't be able to tell the female bsl chicks from the other hens chicks. The bsl females will mature pretty much black. The buff hens chicks will likely mature a buff/black mix. The Ee are wild cards as far as color genetics, but the extended black from the Aussie father will carry over quite a bit.
x2

x3

Back
Top Bottom