What will these chicks become ?

JoeyO15

Hatching
Mar 10, 2017
Canada
Hello everyone, I have crossed my red-sex link rooster with my red sex link hens and have gotten many different chicks. Some are white, some brown and one has black lines on his back. I have read that you cannot get red sex links by crossing them together. I am wondering what these chicks will become ! Any ideas. ?
[/IMG]

Last edited:
They might end up being RIR's or Delawares... They look like them. Maybe try looking up pictures and see if they match. After all, that is what breeds sex links are made up of. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

they're going to be mixed breed chickens. Second generation red sex links are usually a mix of red and white, with some occasional black cropping out in a few birds.

Basically, they'll look quite a bit like the parents, only the sex is no longer linked to the color. You'll have red males and silver/white females.

Thanks alot. I can't wait to see them !
:welcome

they're going to be mixed breed chickens. Second generation red sex links are usually a mix of red and white, with some occasional black cropping out in a few birds. 

Basically, they'll look quite a bit like the parents, only the sex  is no longer linked to the color. You'll have red males and silver/white females. 

They might end up being RIR's or Delawares... They look like them. Maybe try looking up pictures and see if they match. After all, that is what breeds sex links are made up of. Hope this helps!
Welcome to BYC!
They can't be either of those breeds as the OP has stated they are the result of breeding red sex link to red sex link.

welcome-byc.gif

Basically, they'll look quite a bit like the parents, only the sex is no longer linked to the color. You'll have red males and silver/white females.
x2

Back
Top Bottom