What will these chicks look like when grown?

Apr 15, 2019
Northern Illinois
Okay so these hatched from my eggs. I'm trying to figure out what they are mixed with since I know none will be pure. Picture 1,3 and 4 have single combs. Rest have peas. Chick 2 has NO muffs and came from a tan egg.
Eggs I set include: isa brown, bantam EE, sebright, bantam cochin, tan eggs (golden and silver laced Wyandottes, dominiques, sapphire gems, brahmas) and welsummer.
My roosters include: silver laced bantam cochin, Easter egger (pure for both full muffs and pea comb), mille fleur d'uccle, and recessive white orpington with chocolate or chocolate cuckoo genetics.

Attachments

• IMG_87311(2).jpg
    IMG_87311(2).jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_87281(1).jpg
    IMG_87281(1).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_87421(2).jpg
    IMG_87421(2).jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_87391.jpg
    IMG_87391.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_87371.jpg
    IMG_87371.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 4
The only chick I've had that looks like your first chick was a SFH x Isbar, and grew out with the classic SFH mille fleur patterning, so maybe your bantam EE for the cheeks and your fleur boy? Just a wild guess, down colours can be SOOO misleading! My only blonde downed chick (SLH x bantam cochin) ended up patterning out to the same silver Hamburg look as my black downed SLH x silkie chicks, and I NEVER would have guessed from the down colours. :confused:

I can’t tell if 1 has feathered legs but it looks like it could be an EE. Not too sure but I think I see muffs. You said that 2 has a pea comb and no muffs, it has clean legs so rule out everything except sebright and Wyandotte. I think that it’s to light to be a GLW/SLW. If you have a BLRW then perhaps but if it came from a tan egg then I guess sebright is ruled out. 3 doesn’t quite fit any descriptio and personally kind of looks like a vorwerk but obviously it’s not. 4 has feathered feet and a single comb. It’s probably a Cochin. 5 I thought sapphire gem or that orp thing but you said,that it has a pea comb. It might be a sebright but I’m not entirely sure. They’re very cute! Post new updated pics in a few weeks and it should be more obvious. :)

Okay so these hatched from my eggs. I'm trying to figure out what they are mixed with since I know none will be pure. Picture 1,3 and 4 have single combs. Rest have peas. Chick 2 has NO muffs and came from a tan egg.
Eggs I set include: isa brown, bantam EE, sebright, bantam cochin, tan eggs (golden and silver laced Wyandottes, dominiques, sapphire gems, brahmas) and welsummer.
My roosters include: silver laced bantam cochin, Easter egger (pure for both full muffs and pea comb), mille fleur d'uccle, and recessive white orpington with chocolate or chocolate cuckoo genetics.
Updates?

Back
Top Bottom