What will they be?

startingaflock

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 3, 2009
I had read a post on here (can't find it now) about what I would get from my chickens when crossed.

Particularly, I am wondering about sex. I have a partridge chantecler that I crossed with a white ameraucauna and a dominique. Someone wrote how I could tell them apart (males from females) when they hatch and I can't find it now that I need it. Can anyone help me?

With the ameraucana being part of the equation I'd think it would be considered an easter egger, and I don't think they are able to be sexed at hatch.

Are you looking for This? The Chicken Calculator allows you to see what you get when you cross colors. Nothing more though. Just as a note - White Ameraucanas are dominant white. That's if it is a true Ameraucana.

I don't really know about the genetics of the white in Amerucanas, I would have said it is recessive, but if Illia, says it's dominant, then I'm not going to argue with that since I haven't reasearced the white of Ameraucanas. If they are dom white, they won't work of sexlinks anyway, but they much hace silver genes to get sexlinks which I would doubt they do, so I wouldn't count on sexlinks from the White Ameraucanas.

But with a Partridge Chantecler roo on Dominque hens, you will get black sexlinks, the females will be solid black with maybe a red face, and the males with be silver black with white on the top of the head.

Back
Top Bottom