what will they look like?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gabrielle1976, Mar 19, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I just got some eggs from someone [​IMG]

I asked her what kind of banty they were from and she said silver penciled or rose comb?
    I did a search here on breeds and coudnt find anything.
    Does anyone have a pic of these and can you tell me if there small meiduim or large bantums and if there freindly or not?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Silver pencilled is a color/pattern and rose comb is a type of comb. Neither tell us what breed they are--do you have pictures?

3. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Here's a pic of a Rosecomb Bantam, followed by a link to the page on Feathersite -- there are too many color varieties to show them all here
    [​IMG]

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/BRC/BRKRosecombs.html

If they're silver penciled, they may be Plymouth Rock Bantams. LF Wyandottes have a silver penciled variety so it's possible there could be a bantam version, as well.

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    rose comb is a type of comb

Actually it is also the name of a breed. I am going to guess that they are silver penciled rosecombs.​

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yes, I know that. They could be Rosecombs or they could be SIlver pencilled Wyandottes, that have a rose comb.

6. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    No I havent seen the birds , I just had a lady from my MOPS group bring me a dozen eggs that here duaghter/s had collected and I asked what they were from , 2 are EE of some sort but she coudnt remmber anything about the other full sized chickens (light to miedium brown eggs) mieduim to large egg size. anyways there were like 4 or 5 what she said were banty eggs also light to miedium brown and I asked her what kind of banty and she jsut said silver penciled and rose combed..[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by