what will they look like?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gabrielle1976, Mar 19, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I just got some eggs from someone [​IMG]

I asked her what kind of banty they were from and she said silver penciled or rose comb?
    I did a search here on breeds and coudnt find anything.
    Does anyone have a pic of these and can you tell me if there small meiduim or large bantums and if there freindly or not?

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Silver pencilled is a color/pattern and rose comb is a type of comb. Neither tell us what breed they are--do you have pictures?

3. CovenantCreek

CovenantCreek Chicks Rule!

Oct 19, 2007
    Franklin, TN
    Here's a pic of a Rosecomb Bantam, followed by a link to the page on Feathersite -- there are too many color varieties to show them all here
    [​IMG]

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGP/BRC/BRKRosecombs.html

If they're silver penciled, they may be Plymouth Rock Bantams. LF Wyandottes have a silver penciled variety so it's possible there could be a bantam version, as well.

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    rose comb is a type of comb

Actually it is also the name of a breed. I am going to guess that they are silver penciled rosecombs.​

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Yes, I know that. They could be Rosecombs or they could be SIlver pencilled Wyandottes, that have a rose comb.

6. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    No I havent seen the birds , I just had a lady from my MOPS group bring me a dozen eggs that here duaghter/s had collected and I asked what they were from , 2 are EE of some sort but she coudnt remmber anything about the other full sized chickens (light to miedium brown eggs) mieduim to large egg size. anyways there were like 4 or 5 what she said were banty eggs also light to miedium brown and I asked her what kind of banty and she jsut said silver penciled and rose combed..[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: