What will this cross look like?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jossanne, Apr 14, 2012.

1. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    My birds all free range, standards, bantams, everyone together. My only roosters are bantam cochins and OEGB's. I've got eggs hatching under a broody tonight, all bantam cochin eggs. I am hoping that some of the chicks will be pure cochins. The first chick out, however, is obviously not pure cochin, and must be an OEGB/cochin mix. Anyone have pictures of adult birds of this particular cross? It's a funny-looking baby tonight... I'll have pictures after it fluffs up and the broody is finished hatching her clutch.

Thanks!

2. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    I've never encountered that kind of mix! Though, I do have a Japanese, Cochin mix. I'll post pictures!
    This is her, the mix. A cross between a Black Tailed White Japanese, and a Black Cochin.
    [​IMG]

Mommy, daddy, and Pete (female) back in June.
    [​IMG]

3. jossanne

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Wow, that's fun coloring from that cross. Makes me really curious about mine.

My OEGB roos are silver duckwing and blue wheaten. My cochin hens are a black frizzle and a blue. Now I'm really curious to see what the babies will look like!

4. jossanne

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    And it looks like I have a second mixed baby. Still 8 eggs to go, hoping for pure cochins here...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by