What would a japenease bantam crossed with a hamburg look like ?

chicken crazed 1o1

Songster
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
Dugald , Manitoba
I would like to create a cross with my japenease bantam rooster and hamburg hen . Would it look nice which comb would it have ?
hmm.png
If anybody has pics of there own please post . Thank you

that would be a pretty cross! i believe (but i'm not sure) that the offspring would all have single combs as it is the rooster's genes that determine the offsprings' combs, and the hen that determines the wattles. what varieties of japenese and hamburg? please post pics if you decide to try the cross, i luv to see them
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Nonsense.
wink.png

The crossling would be rosecombed. Shank color not yellow. Earlobes a mix between white and red.
As far as the leg length is concerned:
The creeper gene is linked to the rosecomb gene.
That means that you will never be able to breed a short legged single comb from the crosslings again.
wink.png

Last edited:
OH! I was just pondering this! I would LOVE to accomplish spangled japs.... but I keep telling myself that there are to many variables. I have black japs, and I was thinking about crossing them w/ the hamburg roo. even if I could accomplish the strait comb, and the color coming through, I am not sure if I could get the legs short. Also, I know nothing about color genetics so not even sure black would be the right choice....it's just what we have
hmm.png
....but my curiosity is peaked every time I look at my little banty hamburg
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom