What would attack and kill 13 of my chickens during the day? No obvious injuries. All but 2 along backyard as though execution style.

Dogs, weasels come to mind. Most predators will take the body to feed their offspring or themselves. Both of the aforementioned will kill for fun.

2 of mine disappeared within an hour of letting them out to free range and never came back. I'm afraid a bob cat or fox got mine and afraid to turn them out again. I'm sorry for your loss and hope they weren't all the chickens you've got.That would be a bigger tragedy

look for bite marks around head neck area, see small bite marks weasel family.I have heard of weasels organizing after a kill.
sorry for your loss.

I lost 13 of my hens as well… to a dog😭😡
I would say dog but to be sure look for puncture wounds from the teeth. I didn’t check my dead ones for injuries as I could not look at them but three survived with horrific wounds! So if it were a dog I’d imagine they’d have wounds…

2 of mine disappeared within an hour of letting them out to free range and never came back. I'm afraid a bob cat or fox got mine and afraid to turn them out again. I'm sorry for your loss and hope they weren't all the chickens you've got.That would be a bigger tragedy
It was all but 3. 1 is broody and the other 2 just lucky. Pretty devastating especially since "it" got my little cochin rooster. We really loved him.

It was all but 3. 1 is broody and the other 2 just lucky. Pretty devastating especially since "it" got my little cochin rooster. We really loved him.
figure out what did it?
Dog kill will not always have much signs of damage either. They can pick them up and shake them, suppose damage neck, hold them tight enough they cant breath?

Back
Top Bottom