What would be appropriate? Suggestions PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SterlingAcres, Aug 24, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Some of you have read the thread about us *possibly* relocating a long lost dog of ours. One of the volunteers at the shelter contacted me after posting a craigslist ad that was really my last hope. I've been actively looking for Cheyenne for a little over a year (even while searching for a puppy for DH). If this dog is really Chey, I cannot express the amount of overwhelming gratitude I have for this volunteer. I would like to get her a gift of some sort. She is still in high school and may not be there when we see the dog on Wednesday, but I want to leave it at the shelter for her to pick up.

What would be appropriate? DH suggested a gift card inside a Thank You card. Does anyone have any other suggestions? They're greatly appreciated! [​IMG]

2. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Anyone? [​IMG]

3. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    If you don't know the person well, I agree that a gift card is a wonderful gift. A Visa gift card would allow her to spend it anywhere.

My only problem would be that you said she probably won't be there. In that case, how will she know you left her anything?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  4. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    I think that's a very heartfelt gesture. I'd write in the card about how grateful you are. I'm sure she'll be pleased, especially if she's an animal lover!

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

I second DH's idea. A high schooler would most likely be very happy with a gift card.

More thoughts... maybe a little gift basket with movie tix (google search theaters in her area to get the right type of tix) with candy? Maybe add a gift card for somplace else along with movie tix? [​IMG]

ETA: Maybe a small donation to the shelter where she works in her name along with a small token of appreciation for her?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  6. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Yeah, I figured the Visa giftcard would be good... just looking for different ideas. And I would let her know there was something there in advance. I know I don't *have* to leave her anything, but I really want too.

7. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Newchick, movie ticket gift cards would be awesome! That's a really good idea [​IMG] See, I need more suggestions like this! LOL

8. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

More thoughts... I gave my teen cousin a gas card once and she was thrilled with that... kind of boring, but teens want to be able to get around!

9. fullhouse

fullhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    MI
    I would give her ( or the animal shelter) a petsmart type gift card or items they need. Since she is a volunteer and really trying to go above and beyond for her animals, I bet she would like to get them some toys/treats/flea meds. Maybe a gas card so she can do her volunteer jobs without going broke on gas?

No matter what she will be giddy if she helped you get your dog back. [​IMG]

10. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I agree about the movie tickets and gift cards.

Also, maybe the book "Marley & Me". AWESOME book about a family and their crazy dog. Currently on the best seller's list. Maybe leave your thank you note inside that?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by