What would do?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ken H, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Ken H

Ken H Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    I had a customer yesterday that came to the door even though my sign had been removed from the road ( I pull my sign when I'm out of eggs and the customers know this). He was actually visibly mad at me because I was out of eggs. He said "You know I come by every week to buy eggs, why did'nt you save me some?" I was very polite and apolagetic to him cause he does come by and buy at least 1 dozen per week. However I did not promise him to reserve a dozen each week. I get about 2 1/2 dozen per week. I offered to GIVE him the eggs we keep for ourselves (if the eggs are smaller than 2.1 oz. I don't sell them) but he did'nt want them as there were only 7 medium eggs(1.75-2.0 oz). Do you think I should reserve some for him even if it would mean turning away another customer. I plan to get 8 more ISA Browns this spring.

2. LeghornLisa

LeghornLisa Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Was he just having a bad day? How do you sell your eggs, honor system, or do you have people come to your door? It's not YOUR fault there were no eggs when HE wanted them. Maybe he does this everywhere he shops. If you see him every week, I guess you could save him a dozen. Only if he is going to be friendly though [​IMG]

3. magentamomma

magentamomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2009
    Fayetteville
    I would only save them if he set a specific time to come and get them every week. Otherwise it is a first come first serve basis. I have always sold to whomever shows up when I have eggs UNLESS someone calls ahead(or Facebooks as it were)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by