What would the interest be in polish?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by peeps7, Nov 15, 2007.

1. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I'm getting a pair of show quality buff-laced polish and I was just wondering what the interest would be if I started selling eggs or chicks? I do plan to do this but I was wondering if the interest would also be in frizzle buff-laced polish?

2. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Most definitely! I have a pair, and I would love to have some frizzled ones. I love the Phyllis Diller do.

3. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I'm thinking about getting a frizzle but if people are interested in smooth more than frizzle then I'll probably get a smooth instead.

4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Frizzle mixes are too cute. I've never seen a frizzle polish myself. You might get a new addiction going. [​IMG] Just think, what if no one had crossed a silkie with a turken? Or a silkie with a frizzle?

5. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Well, will have to wait for the frizzle next year cause I went ahead and ordered the smooth girl. Is anybody interested in some show quality buff-laced polish eggs or chicks?

6. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Are you getting large fowl or bantams? Eventually (when I have more room) I would be very interested in hatching eggs from large fowl show quality birds. I'd like to stick with large fowl (I have a really nice pair of large fowl white-crested black Polish) though, and it seems like they are harder to find than bantams. I personally prefer the smooth to the frizzle, but that's just me. [​IMG]

Anyway, yes, I think you would get good response if you sell birds or hatching eggs from good quality birds. And I think that you would find a lot of people interested in the frizzle as well as the smooth. Are you a member of the Polish Breeders Club? They have a great monthly newsletter and it's a good place to find breeders/birds. It's $10 a year to join--totally worth it for the information and contacts.

I might be willing to trade you some WC black eggs for buff-laced eggs in the spring, if you're interested and if my pair cooperates! Can I ask you where you are getting your birds? You can pm me if you'd rather.

Good luck! I really like my Polish, goofy birds that they are!

7. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I'd be interested in eggs. I have 3 buff-laced hens and no rooster. He died this past summer. They are a great breed, so docile and comical!

8. cadman68

cadman68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2007
    Middle TN
    i'd also be interested in some eggs, not really into the frizzle, but the smooth ones i really like.

9. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    o.k, then I'll just get smooth. I'll let you know when I have eggs available!!!

10. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd be interested in getting some smooth feathered buff laced polish eggs next year! Be sure to show us some pictures when you get them! I love polish, and was planning on mainly doing white crested black polish, but I might switch it up, who knows!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by