What Would Their Chicks Look Like?

Body shape is completely wrong for Dutch Bantam, also too leggy. Also some TSCs do offer Red JungleFowl from Cackle Hatchery. Not all go through Hoover's.
View attachment 3734096View attachment 3734097
I'm just gonna leave it here:).

Yes, hatchery Dutch generally don't look much like Dutch bantams at all. That's kind of like comparing production strain Barred Rocks to show quality Barred Plymouth Rocks. Most hatchery Dutch are intermixed with hatchery OEGBs, who largely also don't look much like their standard, sometimes among other breeds as well. That's why the OP wasn't sure if he was Dutch or Dutch/OEGB mix, because I'd mentioned this before to them in another thread. If you look up posts by the user JeanR about Dutch bantams, they're a true Dutch breeder and talk about how hatcheries in the past would intermix Dutch with other breeds to improve production for more chicks to sell, or buy eggs from 'breeders' who'd done the same to turn a profit, to the point where now Dutch from hatcheries are barely even Dutch at all. Sadly not an active user anymore, but when I was considering getting into Dutch bantams years ago I learned a lot from them.

Some hatchery Dutch, for comparison's sake. Even the hens are more leggy and upright. Notice how much more white they all have in the earlobe compared to just a somewhat whitish earlobe on your 'junglefowl' as well.

1706280785758.jpeg
1706280828559.jpeg
1706280854961.png

1706280945233.png

And since this is not the point of this thread, I'll also leave it at that. 🙂

That's where the "hatchery quality" part comes in.
I still really don't see much the same going on in body shape, & posture with the hatchery quality ones, compared to your rooster.

But I don't see why we're still continuing, this though. All I did was state my opinion on a bird that looks like my Red JungleFowl. Still a possibility.

Welp, & Privett are also a couple other hatcheries that sell them, & some TSC stores go through them as well for chicks.

(Back on topic)
But I do agree most chicks will be Black Tailed Red Columbian.

Back
Top Bottom