What would you change about your coop if you could?

There is a very long PDZ thread, someone on these boards....but in short:

PDZ is a stone, ground up either into granular (which is a lot like sand), or powder (a lot like flour).

The stone that they use is excellent at absorbing most of the poop smell. And, since it is stone, it is perfectly safe for the chickens to eat it, dust bathe in it, and for you to put into your garden beds or compost pile.

There are LOTS of different kitty litters, but many of them are loaded with various chemicals and so should be considered toxic to chickens.

However, the PDZ cleans up just as quickly and easily as kitty litter does, and many people actually use a kitty litter scoop to clean it.

It's called Sweet PDZ. It eliminates odor. I get it from Tractor Supply. Comes in a bag and you pour it in with bedding, sand, in poop boards. It's a lifesaver for me. I also mix in DE to help with mites , bugs. It's all safe for the chickens. Just make sure the DE is food grade (Diatemaceous Earth).

The coop my hubby built me is perfect, but I would prefer the run be bigger. He actually said that after sitting and watching them awhile. Bigger run with alot of posts sticking out of the walls for them to fly up to.

Back
Top Bottom