What Would You Charge?

Quote:
This is all true but depending on where you live most people don't care. That's why I think the best answer to this question is compare with your local prices

people get $4 bucks and up, here on the Central Coast!!!!
D.gif

Quote:
This is all true but depending on where you live most people don't care. That's why I think the best answer to this question is compare with your local prices

I'm not sure you read my whole post - look at the second to last paragraph.

Quote:
My feed has gone up 4$ a bag and so has everything else where I live..supplies and all...so I ask a higher price to try and make up for it..I don't even come close...

It really depends on your area and the immediate availability of comparable eggs.

I started out selling my extra eggs for $5 a dozen on CL and had several people who wanted long-term purchasing arrangements. Since we live in a very urban surrounding, we only have enough girls to fill our supply, however after things like vacation we always had a big surplus.

In the rare event when my girls are laying and not broody or molting, if we have more than enough, we keep the older eggs and sell the fresh ones on CL. I now charge $10/dz for my eggs and have absolutely NO problems selling them immediately. Again, I don't sell eggs often so when I do they are literally sold within 10mins. I decided on $10 because that is a realistic figure of what those eggs cost me--their feed, treats and my time, labor and inconvenience in selling the eggs. It prices them out of some peoples league but if I can't get that price it is not worth the effort and I'd rather keep the eggs.

Then again, I feed only premium food, the girls free range in my yard and every day I give them spinach, romaine lettuce, fresh fruits, veggies, flax seed and BOSS. I also use absolutely NO chemical fertilizers or pesticides in my home or yard.

The fun thing is that almost all of my egg customers have purchased chicks from me and started their own urban chicken farming because they loved the eggs and I couldn't keep up with the demand.

Last edited:
Quote:

I'm not sure you read my whole post - look at the second to last paragraph.

Yes I read the whole thing. I was just claryifing

Back
Top Bottom