What would you get from a white Ameraucana male with these females?

Jun 12, 2022
Southern California Mountains
I’m trying to decide if I’ll keep one of the cockerels from my recent Ameraucana hatch. I hatched purebred white Ameraucanas from Gypsy Hen Poultry… If I were to keep and breed one of the males to these hens I’m going to list below what type of feather coloring/looks would be made?

White Ameraucana Male x French BCM Female (this should make Olive eggers but any idea as to what the feathering might look like?)
White Ameraucana Male x Splash Ameraucana Female
White Ameraucana Male x Black Ameraucana Female
White Ameraucana x Lavender Ameraucana Female
White Ameraucana Male x Blue Ameraucana Female
White Ameraucana Male x Splash Marans Female
White Ameraucana Male x Salmon Faverolles Female

Thanks!!

White ameraucanas are usually based on recessive white. I would imagine also typically, they’re black Based under the white- this part is hard to say for sure though, depending on the line. All of his offspring will be carriers for recessive white. Breeding to other ameraucanas, the chicks should be pure for beards and Peacombs. When crossing to other breeds, those traits may become impure.

White Ameraucana x French BCM:
Black offspring, potentially with the gold spots of BCM. You could get foot feathering. chicks will be heterozygous for bearding and Peacomb if he is homozygous for both traits.

White Ameraucana x Black Ameraucana:
Either way, black offspring. Black is dominant, so even if your white male carries Something else, the black from the mother will dominate.

White Ameraucana x Lavender Ameraucana:
black offspring. Lavenders are based on black, so it again dominates. Chicks will carry recessive white and lavender.

White Ameraucana x Blue Ameraucana:
blue and black offspring

White Ameraucana x Splash Marans
Blue offspring, heterozugous for peacomb and bearding, potentially having gold leakage like a BCM or foot feathering.

Chicks will be heterozygous for the peacomb, but should be homozygous for the bearding gene. If your male happens to carry something besides Extended black below the recessive white, this is where you’ll see it, but aside from that small chance that’s true, offspring will once again be black- potentially having leakage. They may also have feathered feet.

White ameraucanas are usually based on recessive white. I would imagine also typically, they’re black Based under the white- this part is hard to say for sure though, depending on the line. All of his offspring will be carriers for recessive white. Breeding to other ameraucanas, the chicks should be pure for beards and Peacombs. When crossing to other breeds, those traits may become impure.

White Ameraucana x French BCM:
Black offspring, potentially with the gold spots of BCM. You could get foot feathering. chicks will be heterozygous for bearding and Peacomb if he is homozygous for both traits.

White Ameraucana x Black Ameraucana:
Either way, black offspring. Black is dominant, so even if your white male carries Something else, the black from the mother will dominate.

White Ameraucana x Lavender Ameraucana:
black offspring. Lavenders are based on black, so it again dominates. Chicks will carry recessive white and lavender.

White Ameraucana x Blue Ameraucana:
blue and black offspring

White Ameraucana x Splash Marans
Blue offspring, heterozugous for peacomb and bearding, potentially having gold leakage like a BCM or foot feathering.

Chicks will be heterozygous for the peacomb, but should be homozygous for the bearding gene. If your male happens to carry something besides Extended black below the recessive white, this is where you’ll see it, but aside from that small chance that’s true, offspring will once again be black- potentially having leakage. They may also have feathered feet.
You’re awesome thank you! Having black and blue olive eggers with beards is something that I’ve been wanting, so I may keep one of the boys then! The faverolles would make an adorable mix too.

Back
Top Bottom