What Ya Got Swap - Please read post #1 on first page for rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
ep.gif
Sounds awesome. Why on earth havent I ever heard of these? Do they lay more often like the leghorns?

yep, that's the beauty of it.... size and productivity of leghorns, but pretty blue eggs

I thought of getting the mealworm kit but I seriously dont know if I can handle them crawling around...and this is coming from someone who works in a hospital lab and sees and smells nasty stuff daily lol...but that doesnt bother me.
I have mine in a rubbermaid type container from the dollar store. Bea's kits are wonderful. I don't even think about them "crawling" around in their box. Having said that I have not given my chickens any treats because I didn't know when and which ones to give the beetles worms or what, so they are multiplying away in there, lol.

I keep mine in the same type of container and I feed them the bran that she sends plus potatoes and paper towels or egg cartons. I have been giving my brooder babies the occasional treat. I want to grow a large colony before I start drying them. I only give treats if I see at least a couple dozen beatles crawling around.

MINE!!!!! Whoo!!!

Eggs have one order ahead, will ship 25th or so.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/susanrenees-swap-page
D'oh! Tell me I didn't stall it????? I can do eggs sooner, I had a regular customer cancel this week, so I'll be able to pull anything this weekend for hatching eggs. I have one shipping Monday, I can do another Tuesday.

Or... your choice of canned yummys:
8 oz of Pear Green Rubarb Spread (has a hint of ginger) and 8 oz Apple Tomato Chutney

or

4 oz each of Apple Tomato Chutney, Green Tomato Chutney and 2 x Pepper Jelly, 16 oz of yummy total.

I keep mine in the same type of container and I feed them the bran that she sends plus potatoes and paper towels or egg cartons. I have been giving my brooder babies the occasional treat. I want to grow a large colony before I start drying them. I only give treats if I see at least a couple dozen beatles crawling around.
So you give them the beetles? or worms? I have a Jersey Giant in a brooder box with her babies, 7 of them and they are such little piggies. They are about a week old now. So cute I have a runt JG really small.

Kimmie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom