What you give to your peacock to eat ?

I feed my peas, most are less than a year old, fermented feed (chicken grower) with sunflower seeds mixed in. But they are out during the day and have access to,and enjoy, whole wheat, calf manna, and misc other "treats". Mine prefer wet feed.

Mine prefer layer pellets, whole kernel corn, and as a treat dry cat food. As a rule mine eat very little compared to the mindless eating machines( my chickens ) all seem quite healthy.

I just recently bought a pair of peafowl that are about a year old. Can you explain the process for fermenting the chickend feed? Mine are free ranging with chickens are eating scratch and crumbles from the chicken feeders.

I just recently bought a pair of peafowl that are about a year old. Can you explain the process for fermenting the chickend feed? Mine are free ranging with chickens are eating scratch and crumbles from the chicken feeders.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/644300/fermenting-feed-for-meat-birds
Hopefully above is a link to one of the many threads about feeding fermented feed. I have geese,ducks,guineas, chickens peas,ans a turkey and they all eat the fermented feed.

My three chickens and two peas are free range and will only eat cat food. They will not touch layer crumbles or pellets.

Back
Top Bottom