What you think of this for a duck house? I WANT YOUR OPINION

Looks good. You could fence the porch area and keep their water out there. It started raining today so I never got pictures of mine but that looks like the same concept as the one I got (also designed for dogs). Is it big enough for the number of ducks you have?

My hubby had to build a ramp so they could get in and out and we're um, working on mastering the whole ramp thing
lau.gif

How many ducks to do you have? I can't tell from the pic just how big it is. If it is actually sitting on that platform I'd lower it quite a bit. My ducks sleep in the baby coop and can climb up about 8 inches with no trouble but over that they need a step or ramp for help.

Ditto what has been posted already - great price if the size works for the number of ducks you have.

Might want to cover the floor with vinyl flooring after scrubbing it out. I got some free from a local flooring contractor.

Should be great, but I have a similar one (though not quite as luxurious) and I'm finding it difficult to reach the back, so am planning on making a 'back door' with a hinge to make cleaning and egg retrieving easier.

I only have 2 Pekins. I will ask about the deminsions. I also was going to take off the legs and put it on the ground, add a door with a latch and add a side door for egg retreival. Sound ok?

That sounds good! I would put the door on the back or on the back portion of one of the sides, this way you can reach from the front and from the rear end to be able to completely clean it out and retrieve eggs.

Also, I would leave it on the platform, or knock it down a few inches, but I would leave it off the ground a bit and put a ramp or steps up to it. Keeping it off the ground will help with making sure the wood lasts longer, and you wont have to worry about leaks in the floor of it or flooding of the duck house if it rains or snows heavy.

That is perfect for a pair of ducks, IMO atleast. They will be so lucky!

Back
Top Bottom