Whatcha Making for Supper?

This was passed around at one point and pretty good
Cracker Barrel Meatloaf

2 pounds lean ground beef
1 small finely diced onion
1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper (optional)
1 1/2 sleeves of crushed Ritz crackers
4 oz. shredded sharp cheddar or Colby cheese
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

For the topping:

1/2 to 3/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. mustard

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, mix together 3 eggs, 1 1/2 sleeves of crushed Ritz crackers, 1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper, 1 small finely diced onion, 4 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup milk, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper.

Add 2 pounds of ground beef. I recommend using ground beef with a ratio of 80/20. 80 percent lean beef and 20 percent fat. This creates a moist, juicy meatloaf. Leaner beef can often result in a dry meatloaf. Line a baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Form the mixture into a loaf and place inside the pan. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.

While the meatloaf is cooking, create the topping. In a bowl, mix together 3/4 cup ketchup, 2 tbsp brown sugar, and 1 tsp mustard.

Once the meatloaf has finished baking for 30 minutes, pull it out of the oven and spread the topping evenly over the meatloaf.

Bake for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until the center is 160 degrees Fahrenheit.

Remove from the oven. Let it cool for 15 minutes before serving.

This is another recipe I have used
Irish Drunkin Meatloaf
Ingredients:

1-2 lbs ground beef
1 1/1 cup of bacon

1- 14.5 oz cans of Guiness stout - put 3/4 cup aside for glaze
1 cup bread mixture maybe more
1 cup whole milk
1 cups rolled oats
2 eggs (beaten)
1 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup finely chopped carrots (I use matchstick carrots)
1 tbsp fresh parsley
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
S&P as needed (I use 3 tsp salt and 2 1/4 tsp pepper)
2 tbsp olive oil

sautee the carrots in the olive oil until onion is soft (carrots will finish cooking when loaf is baked) add the garlic and sauté another 2 minutes. Soften stuffing or bread used in milk add oats moisten alladd in the Guiness (minus the 3/4 cup set aside) - simmer until thickened then set aside to cool

in a very large bowl combine ground beef, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, drained stuffing cubes, rolled oats and the sauce from above. Use hands to mix all together. Glaze:
combine the remaining 3/4 cup Guiness, brown sugar and honey - simmer until well blended. Put on back burner for now.
Once you have the shape you want, weave the bacon in a lattice pattern (over and under & crisscrossed) over the loaf. Trim long ends and then tuck the ends under the loaf to keep from pulling up from shrinkage when cooked. Once this is finished use a brush to heavily paint on some of the

glaze.
I bake meat loaf at 300 to 325 degrees. Every 30 minutes pour off grease from cookie sheet and reapply the glaze.
Once meatloaf is cooked through, remove from oven and turn the oven to broil. Again heavily glaze the meatloaf then put it under the broiler for a few minute to crisp the bacon. Remove from heat and let sit for at least 10 min

Yes please, 🤔🧐 I'll have the ham & beans for lunch with a side of tacos
and the alfredo for dinner
and for tomorrows soup - chop and mix the steak / roast /gravy /mushrooms

It certainly is an assortment. 🤔
Maybe I cook to often.

Oh!!! I forgot the roast chicken and apple crumble leftover from last night.

It is leftovers clean out tonight.

Garlic shrimp alfredo and garlic bread
Roast beef and gravy (sorry no taters or cooked carrots left)
Ham and beans with corn bread
Steak and sauteed mushrooms (salad if ya want)
Tacos

I am sure there are a few more options.

Same here! I have a choice of a Sloppy Joe, shepherd's pie, or a salad :)

Back
Top Bottom