EatMorSteak

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 28, 2011
What I have:

3 OEGB's at 9 weeks old.
2 Silver Sebrights at 7 weeks old.

Problem:
Been trying slowly for 2 weeks now to get the OEGB's to be ok with the Sebrights in the same coop. I've put them in the same run area and the 2 Sebrights are very much frightened by the OEGB's. They get chased around and pecked on every so often. I let them all free range outside the run which is no big deal since there's plenty of room for the Sebrights to run away. But I'd really like to get them in the same coop at night!

What I'm thinking about doing:
Take out the 3 OEGB's and let them sleep in a cage at night for a little while. Let the Sebrights stay in the coop at night by themselves without worrying about being picked on by the OEGB's. Then re-introduce the OEGB's back into the coop at night maybe a week or so later?

Think this will help? Or will I make things worse by disturbing the pecking order?

2 of the OEGB's turned out to be roos. And one of the Sebrights turned out to be a roo, which sucks but oh well.

THanks.

Last edited:
Sounds like you have your hands full with Roos!!
big_smile.png
That is actually an excellent idea if you have the room. And giving the aggressive ones a "time out" may actually bring them down a few notches in the pecking order which is a good thing. I would give that a try.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom