Whatchagot Super Swap - Thursday, June 26 ***CLOSED***

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow ur clematis looks different than mine do. i've never seen a yellow before that is really cute. how big does the flowers open on them? mine r to be 4 different colors i'd have 2 find the tags to know names of them, i think 2 of them that bloomed so far mabe same species not sure.

here is a pic of one of them that trellises behind my about face roses.
HPIM2172.jpg

It's a fast growing clematis that is really hardy (it has to be here, I'm in the high desert), and the flowers are about 2-1/2 inches in size. I can offer cuttings only, the rooted starts I already traded!
tongue.png

Silkiechick, I had the same problem with my clematis at first. I fixed it not by planting it deeper, but by putting a large, flat rock in front of it. This shades the roots and it has thrived ever since!

Last edited:
Quote:
they have a few vines a piece up from the roots and yes now that u mention it i think they r. how do i fix them? how deep should they be planted?

I don't know how long you've had em but a good rule of thumb is to plant them twice as deep as the pot they came in. If yours are pretty established then put a layer of mulch around em...but not to close because it needs "breathing space". OR you can plant some perennials around the bottom to shade the root area. Clematis like their roots to stay cool but the vine part of the plant likes sun. Oh usually about 12 inches for the roots is good to keep em cool

Quote:
Oh I LOVE these! I"m not going to make the super swap tomorrow, though. :-( I may definitely buy some from you, though!

i planted them about 3 weeks ago now mabe a little longer. myine r hardy and bloom about 4" wide blooms. i didn't plant them deep enough then. i will dig them tomarrow and put them in deeper. then i'll put rocks in front of them till i can figure out plants to move in front of them. the one in front of the roses is fine it's the others that r not looking so good, half does and half don't. we'll see if that helps to spring them back to life again, thank u sooo much!!!

No problem...I wouldn't put the rock touching the plant though...just in front like K7 said because a rock can also act like a heating system. Well In the winter that's how I believe it works. (rock absorbs heat and transfers to plant as it cools at night)

Quote:
Oh I LOVE these! I"m not going to make the super swap tomorrow, though. :-( I may definitely buy some from you, though!

Oh, Thank You! I don't know now if I will make the super swap or not. We may be out running errands tomorrow night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom