Whatever Happened to Eggbid?

Araucana Nest

FreeBird
Aug 14, 2020
North Central Florida
Years ago, I purchased rare breed eggs from eggbid and had excellent hatches: chicken, turkey and quail. Way better than eBay has been lately. Whatever happened to eggbid? Is there any other reputable place where breeders sell?

They went under like 15 years ago. I think I heard that they sold the business to someone else and then it went down hill and closed down. Rarebreedauctions.com has rare breeds (not a lot right now since it is the off season). Greenfire farms sells their excess chicks on there as well.

I believe it folded years ago. I don't know the story but I know it hasn't been around for a while.
Perhaps you could start a new one. :D
LOL. It was such a good site. I got my first turkeys from there and my first quail. Always great hatches. EBay has been very "iffy". Sadly I'm not very technically oriented to do something like that but I sure believe people should have a place to meet serious breeders of their beloved breeds..

They went under like 15 years ago. I think I heard that they sold the business to someone else and then it went down hill and closed down. Rarebreedauctions.com has rare breeds (not a lot right now since it is the off season). Greenfire farms sells their excess chicks on there as well.
Thanks for the information. I'll check them out.

Back
Top Bottom