1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Whatever is your favorite kind of breed thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by caral07, Jul 25, 2010.

1. caral07

caral07 Songster

Jun 18, 2010
    Ruston Louisiana
    I have been looking and I havent seen a thread for all your favorite breeds so now I'm starting one. I would love to see yours!!! I personily love the cochins,australorps,wyandotte,silkie,brahma,polish,all the rocks,RIR,ameraucana,and many more.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010

2. pkw

pkw Songster

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    Turkens has always been my number one favorite breed. Next would be my New Hampshires.

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    That's a really tough question! I'd have to say my all-time favorite would be giant cochins though. Great personality, awesome broodies, and they are just so darn cute free ranging in the wind! The banties aren't bad either- but the little roos can be buggers!

4. Lynxmomma

Lynxmomma In the Brooder

Jul 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Umm thats a hard one.. Me personally so far has been my Australorps. Very friendly little buggers. Course I have one hen Im not sure what she is yet but she will let us pet her. but I also like Dark Cornish Bantams.

5. Trophamus

Trophamus Songster

Apr 22, 2010
    Nottingham, UK
    My favorite breed would have too be sablepoots, then brahmas [​IMG]

6. Well we have four GSLs and two BR/EE (soon to be 2&2)... the BR/EE are a little more skittish, but still nice. The GSLs are nosey poseys who'll follow you everywhere. They come running to the door when they hear me coming, or even think they do. If they hear me in the garage they'll kick up a cluck ... I swear sometimes I can hear them saying "Oh Waitress!!"

I love looking at plenty, egg colors, all that, but so far these are the only two I have actual experience with and it's been a nice experience.

7. bigchicken2

bigchicken2 Songster

May 17, 2010
    Silkies, LF and Bantie Cochins, ShowGirls, Mutts...

8. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Delawares!!!! Friendly, funny, smart! Then BBS Orps for those fluffy, fluffy butts!

9. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Australorps, RIR's, and Silkies [​IMG]

10. lurky

lurky Songster

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Buff Orpingtons and Barred rocks are tied for 1st place with me

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by