What's a girl to do...with too many a roo???

I have the same problem,I have beaufiful white silkie roosters (3 months old) and noone wants them,going to take them to a swap and put free on them,heres hoping.

I had 2 too many roos ( 14 week old ) and posted on craigslist. I got rid of them in two days, they were for free, to good home. On the other hand I posted on craigslist a older roo and never got a response. I think that sometimes craigslist can be a crap shoot. Good luck!!!!!
fl.gif

I purchased 9 "pullets" last year, they were ALL roos!
ep.gif

Imagine my surprise! We grew them till they were all grown and pretty to sell...took them to the local sale barn where my DH works and got rid of them.

Now I have 16 newbies, 16 weeks, and 3 are roos...better odds, but one is going to the sale this week...3 are too many for my girls.

Sorry about your luck, I am with you, sure could have used 9 freezer birds, but couldn't do it! Craig's List, trading with neighbors or friends, newspaper?

Good luck!!
caf.gif

I posted 17 roosters on a local sale list for free and a Mexican gentleman came to get them. He said they would make good chicken and dumplings. I will do the same for the pen I have in a few weeks when I decide which two I want to keep for breeders. I would put them into my freezer if i could get help, I can't do the killing. I can dress them and freeze them, but not the killing. BUT, I don't let myself get attached to them since I know they will have to go eventually.

I bought a "pullet" and a hen last month from a lady who told me the younger one would start laying in August. Well, now the "pullet" has pointy tailfeathers coming in and is doing a dance for the hen. *sigh* I was trying to avoid having to rehome a rooster by buying older chickens. I'm in a subdivision and can't have crowing. I feel like she pulled a bait and switch on me and I'm trying to get her to fix it, but so far she hasn't answered my email or phone call and she lives too far away to show up at her door. *sigh* A guy at work reluctantly said he might take it for his flock in the country.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom