Whats a good Incubator?

That probe goes to my thermometer hygrometer it only reads temperature and humidity and does not control anything. On the thermostat the wafer disc itself expands and contracts to open and close a switch that runs the lights no probe is necessary with it. I have the wafer thermostat in 1 incubator and a digital and the other incubator both work great. If you are old school and would be more comfortable turning the knob to tune in an old AM radio station you would be happy with the wafer thermostat. If you are more modern and would rather push buttons you would be happier with a digital thermostat. Here is a link to the digital thermostat I use and a picture of its probe connected directly to the fan.Inkbird Dual Stage Digital Temperature Controller Fahrenheit Thermostat with Sensor for 3D Printer,Freezer,Fridge,Hatching ect https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0152LYY0I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_LR4dzb1ZJDCPZ

I almost forgot the inside floor of the incubator is 18 inches by 11 inches it is 10 inches top to bottom on the inside

Last edited:
Both are 110 volt input exactly the same unit one is just offered $3 cheaper LOL oh I forgot you don't text that means laugh out loud

Yes i do know what a LOL means.. and i do type on here(Peck like a chicken) but i hate texts. I see enough goofballs stumbling around eyes glued to phone.... Ok, one last question and your free from me.....Why do some people stick the probes in make shift eggs filled with gel or something..Does monitoring the actual core temp of a egg make that much difference as apposed to air temps?

With a good fan there is no need to monitor egg probes. The real deal is you have an accurate thermometer. I double check with a digital oral thermometer. That's as accurate as you can get for under $10 thermometer. If an incubator has a digital display of temp don't trust it until confirmed with a medical thermometer.

Incubator warehouse sells an all in one kit for table top incubator size. It's your heater and fan in one unit. Build a box and put this in the top. If you build a box make the measurements so an auto turner can fit in it. Air exchange is important. two 3/8 inch holes in top few in bottom if little legs or put on bottom side for air exchange. Most of us with table top incubators leave the top plugs out all incubation. Bottom holes in mine is four 1/4" and the two 3/8" in top.

http://incubatorwarehouse.com/48-watt-incukit-dc.html

With a good fan there is no need to monitor egg probes. The real deal is you have an accurate thermometer. I double check with a digital oral thermometer. That's as accurate as you can get for under $10 thermometer. If an incubator has a digital display of temp don't trust it until confirmed with a medical thermometer. 

Incubator warehouse sells an all in one kit for table top incubator size. It's your heater and fan in one unit. Build a box and put this in the top. If you build a box make the measurements so an auto turner can fit in it. Air exchange is important. two 3/8 inch holes in top few in bottom if little legs or put on bottom side for air exchange. Most of us with table top incubators leave the top plugs out all incubation. Bottom holes in mine is four 1/4" and the two 3/8" in top. 

http://incubatorwarehouse.com/48-watt-incukit-dc.html
I agree with Egghead about the egg probes and as far as the incubator kit he's right about that to you can buy for 50 bucks or build it for thirty bucks

Last edited:
Ok...i thought i was through, but you know... Since i have a brand new 110v pc fan, and will be building my box, do you run your fans continuously, or does it cycle off-on with heater/bulb?

Ok...i thought i was through, but you know...  Since i have a brand new 110v pc fan, and will be building my box, do you run your fans continuously, or does it cycle off-on with heater/bulb?

You want the fan to run continuously heat rises so without the fan the incubator will be tend to be warmer at the ceiling then it is at the floor the fan helps prevent that

Been looking at some egg turners, some homemade and some store bought...The 2 major styles are the ones that "Roll the egg" between dowels, and the other looks lik plastic egg cartons that rotate back and forth. The ones that use the tilt back and forth action dont really seem to "Turn" the eggs, as they always remain one end down, and merely rock it from side to side, doesnt get a true roll in my opinion.. Does the egg need to actually turn on its side, or does the rocking on the end do just as good?

The rocking back and forth works perfectly. I've never used the rolling type. Hovabator and Little Giant are the two most used egg turners and are same size. For instance I have the Little Giant because it's less expensive and use it in a Hovabator incubator. With these turners you have the fat end of egg up.

Back
Top Bottom