What's a good "miracle story" you know?

Fierlin1182

powered-flight
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
There's been a new show here called Shockwave the past couple of weeks. It basically showcases stories where people involved in horrifying accidents survive against the odds. e.g. A China Airlines plane that blew up and disintegrated after a fuel tank caught on fire - everybody survived that one. One very inspiring story was a firefighter involved in a training exercise, which saw an old house be set on fire... and promptly explode right in front of him. He survived too!
ep.gif

There are also, I guess, ordinary miracles. I still remember a time when a friend who couldn't have children miraculously fell pregnant.

What are some good "miracle stories" you know?

I have a nephew who was involved in a major automobile accident as a teen. His diaphragm and spleen ruptured - necessitating the removal of the spleen and multiple blood transfusions. Fast forward 25 years or so and he evidences Hepatitis C infection and massive liver damage. Multiple liver biopsies were taken to determine if he was a candidate for a liver transplant (any sign of cancer and you are rejected). No signs of cancer were detected and he was put on a waiting list. A liver was found that he was a perfect match for and he rushed to the hospital. When the doctor opened his abdomen, his liver was riddled with cancer. Rather than waste the liver, they did the transplant. 15 years later and he is apparently healthy - new antiviral drugs appear to have cleared his body of Hep C and his liver is functioning normally. There is no rational explanation for the fact that the many (he told me in the teens) biopsies did not locate the cancer. His explanation, "Uncle George it's a miracle."

Aww, that's awesome news! It does indeed some like a miracle! I'm very glad he is doing well now.
hugs.gif

If i wrote down every thing about theses two miracles it would take to long.. all i will say is that me and my brother are adopted and my parents went through some though stuff for us, i am SO gratefull!

ray's two cents :

Aww, that's lovely!
big_smile.png
You must be a great family together.

We sure are
smile.png
and now we are adopting from Ethiopia! SOOOO excited!!!!​

Last edited:
Quote:
We sure are
smile.png
and now we are adopting from Ethiopia! SOOOO excited!!!!

Wow!! I'm really happy for you, how exciting! Your parents sound like awesome people.
woot.gif

Last edited:
This may qualify as a minor miracle
Several years ago my in-laws chose a name from a Christmas gift tree.The child asked for a small drum like "the one the little drummer boy has". No other requests. They live in a small community without many places to shop. They went to every store and couldn't find a drum. Finally they found a small consignment shop. They looked through the entire shop and had given up. As they were leaving they saw the perfect drum, in plain view, on a self. There was no marked price so they asked the clerk. She denied that there was such an item in the store. She reported that she had just stocked that shelf and there was no drum. My mother-in-law brought it to her and the clerk was really puzzled. She let them have it for nothing.

My parachute collapsed, at 120', reinflated and drove me through the top of a pine tree, at about 30mph, recollapsed, and I fell 60' through the Florida jungle, landing face down, in about a foot of deep forest mulch. Everyone who saw it, thought I was a dead man...After a few minutes, I got up and walked to the main building....I rode my motorcycle home, that night.

Someone I know, knows a person who's parachute didn't open. He fell from VERY high up and somehow managed to land on a muddy slope. he broke most of the bones in his body, but dragged himself to shelter,food, medical care, and warmth. he survived and became an English teacher.

Back
Top Bottom