What's causing paralysis in my hens foot??

Hello all,
There's still no improvement in Pearl's leg, she dropped more weight too lowest was 530g about 4 days ago and she has for the past 2 days been 585g. I'm really not sure what to do now, she's had baytril for a week, cortisone jabs and tablets for another week, then vitamin B daily for another week. All in, she's been suffering with this leg for 4-5 weeks, but otherwise seems okay apart from the weight loss...
Is this leg ever likely to recover? How long should I hold out for? Would it be best for her to end her suffering?

Please let me know your thoughts as I'm completely at a loss and shes such a sweetie 😔

@Eggcessive
@azygous
@Allsfairinloveandbugs
@Perris
@dawg53
sorry not to have replied to this sooner; I've been touring an area with little-to-no wireless coverage so effectively off grid since Friday. How is Pearl now?

sorry not to have replied to this sooner; I've been touring an area with little-to-no wireless coverage so effectively off grid since Friday. How is Pearl now?
It's okay :)
Pearl still isn't showing any signs of improvement, things have been pretty much on a level for around a week or so. She is weighing 580g today but feels VERY boney :( Her comb and face are also quite pale, paler than what has been usual for the past couple weeks.
I'm just trying to keep her comfortable and well fed atm and she is still eating well. I'm really not sure what else to do for the best 🤔 I'm losing hope that she will live through this, whatever it is, but I suppose only time will tell...

Attachments

• 16509975253023587536024443945740.jpg
    16509975253023587536024443945740.jpg
    334.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom