what's eating my ducks, chickens and geese?

kharlex85

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 1, 2012
I been noticing my animals disappear and I finally found where this pest takes my animals to eat them. Firs let me start by saying that Im in loxahatchee and I have a lot of land and my house is all fenced in. In front of my house there is 2 acres of forest and that's where I found my animals feathers with some blood but NO BONES! only the feathers ! A while back before I had any animals I saw at night this big fat animal twice as big as a regular raccoon but it was dark and i couldnt see very well only it's fury back and the other weird thing is that it was very fast as soon as it saw me ran and climbed some trees. The point is that Im not sure if this is a raccoon because this thing is been taking big and heavy white geese and remember Im all fenced in so it has to carry the animal by climbing the fence! Now the question is HOW DO I TRAP THIS THING? ANY HELP APPRECIATED!

I been noticing my animals disappear and I finally found where this pest takes my animals to eat them. Firs let me start by saying that Im in loxahatchee and I have a lot of land and my house is all fenced in. In front of my house there is 2 acres of forest and that's where I found my animals feathers with some blood but NO BONES! only the feathers ! A while back before I had any animals I saw at night this big fat animal twice as big as a regular raccoon but it was dark and i couldnt see very well only it's fury back and the other weird thing is that it was very fast as soon as it saw me ran and climbed some trees. The point is that Im not sure if this is a raccoon because this thing is been taking big and heavy white geese and remember Im all fenced in so it has to carry the animal by climbing the fence! Now the question is HOW DO I TRAP THIS THING? ANY HELP APPRECIATED!
Could it be a bear? they climb really well and would be strong enough to carry off a goose. So sorry for your losses. I'd be looking int a very secure night pen for my flock before they all disappear. And
welcome-byc.gif

i agree with Miss Lydia, sounds like a bear. Not sure you want to trap it, or even try to shoot it. Definitely lock your critters up tight at night. i have read that most folks recommend electric fencing to deter bears. i am so glad we don't have them here. They are one tough predator!

Back
Top Bottom