What's going into your freezer?

ozark hen

Living My Dream
15 Years
Apr 4, 2007
Mansfield, MO
I just put up 17 gallons of crushed tomatoes in zip lock freezer bags for this winter's cooking. I also put up 21 qt size zip lock bags of sliced colored sweet peppers and 18 baked stuffed peppers for this winter. Since green beans were out of the question in my garden due to draught, I purchased frozen whole green beans for this winter. We also put up 120 ears of corn on the cob. Now if prices soar as predicted we should be ok. We need meat and fish yet.
What is in your freezer??

We do sort of the same thing we also do zucchini and instead of ears of corn we cut the corn off the cob. we then also put in our freezer a lot of chickens and turkeys. I think growing and freezing, canning preserving out own food is the cheapest way to get food. And it is sooo good.
droolin.gif

good thread starter...
what isn't going on ..in my freezer...
one stand up,
one chest freezer...
side by fridge, freezer...
and scored a second deepfreezer...at a garage sale
for whheeeewwww!!!!! $25 and they delivered it for me!!!!
ALLL ARE STUFFED...
have got to go organize them more...
1/2 a cow...stock up bargins...and make aheads...

Tomatoes, corn, chickens, plum juice that hasn't been turned into jelly yet, several bags of figs, also some muscadine grapes -- these also are future jellies & jams, for Christmas presents, etc. Two bags of mixed varieties of hot peppers for future salsa & hot sauce. Couldn't live without our freezer!

I have three almost over-ripe bananas - peeled, and individually frozen for morning smoothies. Hint - frozen banans make your fruit smoothies almost creamy in texture - so smooth!
I also have 5 apricots, sliced in half and frozen in snack sizeed, zip lock baggies; also for smoothies.
Three really over-ripe bananas - mushed and frozen all together for bread or cake.
Three bags of grated zuchinni for winter bread baking.

I have about 15 pounds of pitted, fresh cherries in vacumn sealed bags.
One 3-cup bag of sliced peaches left from last year. 20 pounds of fresh peaches coming at the end of the month to refresh my supply.
wee.gif

Two sandwich bags of blanched spinach from this spring - I will be planting more in a couple of weeks to replenish for winter.
Dehydrated tomatoes, apples, cherries and apricots.

Of course I have the various beef steaks, sausages, hamburger and pork loin roast.
And a 20-pound turkey from two years ago that I need to pull out, defrost and cook up.

Good post!

I can so much, not much left for the freezer due to space issues anyways. I did put up 12 ears of corn so far and that's about it. Friday, however, we're processing the last 5 of our broiler birds to put in the freezer so I can pick up 10 more meat birds in the next week or 2.

Hi
frow.gif

So far, I've frozen green beans, beets, beet greens, peas, kale, blackberries... I've got onions and garlic curing... still so much growing in the gardens. We also fish and have meat ducks. Our refrigerator's freezer is full; our chest freezer is mostly full; and we're getting another freezer from my mother-in-law soon. That'll be a GREAT thing. Things aren't as organized as I'd like and I'm going a little nutty about that. *chuckle*

Mostly meat and fruit here - my garden didn't do well this year. I'm going to test my soil - something is off. My fruit trees are going crazy though, thankfully!

We have to get another freezer, we just bought a hog that a friend is raising.

Meat, Meat and more meat. Fab meat sales going on right now. Hitting up a few "truck sales" The first one I scored:

20 lbs boneless/skinless chix breast
4lbs sirloin tip roast
4 porterhouses
4 tbones

This time, I got a little more crazy and got:

10lbs boneless/skinless chix breast
10 lbs sirloin tip roast
5.5 lbs ground beef
10lbs chix thighs
3lbs hotdogs
8 porterhouses
8 turkey brats

the chix breast I will probably not bag up, just cook it all up as I have some freezer meals to prepare. Not sure where I am going to put all the rest of the stuff. lol! My freezers are full. Asked for a another freezer for my b-day, will see if hubby gets one. :)

Back
Top Bottom