What's going on with my Ducks beak?

MichaelaC

In the Brooder
Jul 15, 2016
I have a duck I have had for almost 6 months. I do not know her breed or age because I bought her from someone. She is starting her Summer molt. Her beak has recently begun to turn a light color. She normally has a full black beak, but now the black is in patches and the rest is turning lighter. Almost a dark yellow orange. Her beak is also becoming soft. Get belly has recently swollen up and is squishy as well. She is not egg bound, nor is peritonitis present. The belly does not seem to cause discomfort. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks!

I have a duck I have had for almost 6 months. I do not know her breed or age because I bought her from someone. She is starting her Summer molt. Her beak has recently begun to turn a light color. She normally has a full black beak, but now the black is in patches and the rest is turning lighter. Almost a dark yellow orange. Her beak is also becoming soft. Get belly has recently swollen up and is squishy as well. She is not egg bound, nor is peritonitis present. The belly does not seem to cause discomfort. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks!
@MichaelaC Welcome to BYC. Best thing to do would be to post some good pics of her face then of her whole body so we can see exactly what's going on.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom