What's good names for new chicks!

So much fun.. we have Lacy (leopard ameraucana), Vivianne (white amerauacana), Sonic (aka Squeaker) and Friday (might be Freddie) both Black Langshans and Paprika (BCMarans). Paprika is not only hungry, but she's got a serious attitude! Lacy and Viv are absolute dolls, and Sonic never shuts up. Friday seems to always be saying TGIF when Sonic does shut up .... and there you have it.

So far, we have:

Blue (named by our 5 yo son)
Pink (named by our 2yo daugher)
Blanca
Delphine
Ruby
Kiki
Penelope
Lucy
Piper
Viola
Mojo the rooster

We need 8 more names!!!!
lau.gif

My DH had the great idea to use Roller Derby names. So our chicks are:

Coco Motion
Messy Jessy
Voodoo Lilly
Sunset Vixen**
Strawberry Crush
Turbo Trixie

**We suspect Sunset is a roo. If we are correct he becomes Jean Claude Van Jam.
Our coop is called the "Locker Room"!

I love some of these names!

Ours...

Red Star Hens:
Rosalia
Amelia
Arabella
Tallulah

2 Pekin Ducklings:
Allegra
Nico

We've not a clue on the sex of the ducklings, time will tell if those names stick.

And 57 Cornish X all named Bebe. As in BB... Q!
roll.png

I love this thread.....it comes up every month or so and it is fun to read the funny and weird names. I tend to like the old fashioned ones.

Buff Orpington
Calliope
Princess Buttercup
Lily
Belle

Barred Rock
Stormy
Piper
Stella
Gertie

Rhode Island Red
Ruby
Poppy
Violet
Sophie

I also like: Basil, Millie, Paprika, Mable, Ivy, Marigold, Matilda, Rosemary, Olive, and Clarabelle.

When I pick my BO rooster, he will either be.....
Archie
Walt
Grady
or Oliver

In no particular order:

KFC
Extra Crispy
Original Recipe
Kung Pow
Mar Far
Alfrado

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Just a few of my favorite chicken meals.

My 8 year old daughter started to name the first 7 we brought home. She gave up coming up with names when we brought home the other 11 the next week. We also told her that we don't want them named because we don't want her to become too attached. Might be too late. It has been around 80 degrees the last couple of days and so we gave them a little supervised play time in the yard. They follow her every where she goes. They are only 2 weeks and 3 weeks old.

We haven't gotten our chicks yet, but we are planning on naming them Betsy Lou & Betty Sue...(Betsy and Betty for short)...a BR & a BO.

My son wants to name both of them "Ogre" LOL
lol.png

My 3 year old daughter just named our new barred rock chicks (hopefully they are all egg layers)

Grumpy Chicken (oh yes they all have the last name of Chicken)
Squirty Chicken
Molly Chicken
Lilly Chicken
Isabelle Chicken

They sound good to me!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom