What's in everyones brooders?

My brooder started out with these tiny peeps:
7ba557a8.jpg

Now they are getting so big at 1 1/2 months old
af884168.jpg

We have Eater Eggers, Black Astroloups, and White Lace Wyandotts and 2 mystery chicks. I think they are brown (red) lace wyandotts. we ordered 25 from McMurrarys and got 27, 2 died within the first week. Now the rest are happy and healthy.

In brooders 1 and 2 are BBS and Buff Orps,Buff Barred OEGB,Silkies,and Showgirls. Brooder 3 has OEGB, Brooder 4 has BCM and BBS Ameraucanas,and the quail brooder has Jumbo Goldens,Jumbo Browns,Jumbo A&M's.

I've got 4 brooder boxes going right now.....all sorts of chicks; Polish, RIR, several bantam breeds, etc. Oh and 2 African goslings in the tub.
smile.png
Waiting on my broody hens to start hatching theirs too.......... Sort of embarrassing to list it all.

I don't use a brooder anymore, but...

I have a silkie with 3 polish chicks and a trahma (1/2 turken & 1/2 brahma) chick that is approx. 5 days older than the polish chicks. The polish chicks will be 2 weeks old tomorrow.

A SF with 5 JG pullets that will 2 weeks old tomorrow and she has suddenly found herself mama to three of my 7 week old chicks that decided the other day that they didn't want to be without a mama anymore. Their mama cut them loose @ 4 weeks old, so now they pile in with the JG chicks. The 7 week old chicks are: 2 trahmas (it's an epidemic!) and another brahma.

Our brooder is a 2x6 foot watering trough. Working pretty well, so far. We are brooding 2 GLW, 1 BR, 1 SS, 1 EE, 2 large fowl Cochins, and 4 RIRs.

This is our first time with chickens and we are having a blast.

86653_dscn1270.jpg

86653_dscn1277.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom