What's in stock at your TSC Chick Days?

We're just learning different breeds. Our first were Easter Eggers and we love the fact that they're all different looking. Like the new chicks... we notice a few little differences but are going to wait until they're a little older to name them. I know we want tame chickens who are good foragers that are on the darker side for free ranging. I like the idea of different eggs as well. The Easter Eggers we have produce a pretty small egg and have for over a month now, so I guess that's what size they'll be.

If the EE rooster breeds with the other non EE chickens.... would that produce EE chicks? I'm curious if that's how the mutt breed of EE is with a blue dominant egg. I just like the chickens.
The EE eggs will get bigger.

We were finally successful at a larger store. I had to call around to 3 different stores in the area before I found the one with all the Chicks.

They had Red Sex-link, Black Sex-link, Welsummer pullets.

We got 2 of each. I already like the Welsummer chicks because they're MUCH more active but they may be a day or 2 older. Hoping none are Cockerels but wouldn't be surprised either way.

Started working on their new large coop and addressing the ventilation.
Someone said the darker markings on Welsummer is usually pullet. Ours were sexed and I still had anxiety lol

I only buy pasty butt chicks. I save them from the Wilco tubs and then rehome them. I can feel my spidey senses telling me that they have dying pasty chicks right now.
Tom Holland Hair GIF by Marvel Studios
But I can’t save them yet.

That's amazing! That sounds like something I would do.
It’s quite fulfilling, haha. To fix them up, watch them grow, and then mature into beautiful adults with someone else. My last batch, half went to my neighbor, and half to a BYC member. I’ve been able to watch both groups mature into beautiful hens.
Plus, you get to have those sweet, helpless chicks. I raise them until brooder age, and then sell/rehome them to good homes. I get to have all that sweetness for a little while. :love
E7F60381-9822-4EAF-ADC7-32263A10B2D4.jpeg

Ours had Barred Rock and Sapphire Gem last week, and the had Barred Rock and Production Reds this week. Our tcs will let you buy less than the 4 minimum oil you are filling in gaps with a brooder of new chicks at home that’s too small, otherwise it’s 4, whether you want them or not.

Back
Top Bottom