Whats is it and is it a hen or roo??? :D

birdlover

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Northern Va.
I vote boy! Looks like you can already see some spurs and the comb looks suspiciously large. How old is this "emu"? LOL

Jaimi

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 1, 2008
North Central Alabama
well, I was "told" it was comming on 3 weeks, but I cant say for sure.
Also, can youreally go by spurs? I used to have several hens with spurs and they used them regularly! LOL Plus, I have a black sex-link 2 week old pullet that has the same nubs.

Tuffoldhen

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
WV
It does look like it will be a cockeral, not sure of the breed someone else will have to chime in but all chicks have those little nubs on the sides of their legs so that won't tell you if its a cockeral or pullet....

Jaimi

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 1, 2008
North Central Alabama
Hummmm....When will a roo start to crow? If *it* can hold off untill it gets warm and I can move them outside, *it* may not have to go back to the feed store.

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
Hmmmm.....alright, I am starting to learn a little on here I think.....so here is what I think.
It looks a LOT like my Barred Rock at about the same age (but yours has more white)....she was sold to me as a Dominique. And, if I remember correctly, don't the darker front to the legs mean she is a she? Anyway, here is my sweetie when she was a baby, and she is definitely a girl.

Top Bottom