What's my baby?

ladyalia

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 12, 2012
Indiana
This is Hawkie. It's about 6 weeks old and stand 4" at it's back. The others I got at the same time are at least double it's size. I assume it's some sort of bantam. It's even got the tufts of feather on it's cheeks...kinda like a aricauna.

Last edited:
Easter egger? Not quite sure. They do come in bantam size, but my chicks are really small until they reach 3 months of age. They seem to double in size that 3rd month. What a pretty girl. Not sure of the name;). I'm not a fan of hawks since they are so abundant here.LOL

Last edited:
Thank you! I named her Hawkie cuz when she was little she looked like a hawk lol. She's a little sweetie though. I'd sure like to know what it is though. Not that I would love her any less..just curious.

She's a Belgian Quail d'Anver
thumbsup.gif

Oh my goodness, thank you so much Peeka52! That's exactly what she is!! I can't believe I lucked out in finding her, she was in the hatchery's choice bin. She's got the sweetest personality.
Hdowden..I'll try to get one tomorrow. She's only about 6 weeks, so I don't think she's got much of one.

Back
Top Bottom