whats my duckie doing? wing flapping?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by sunket77, Dec 18, 2009.

1. sunket77

sunket77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    Hello! I am still new to ducks, I only hace one pair of little black calls. Our Drake keeps flapping his wings and wagging his tail constantly. The flapping is more of a lifting his wings one at a time over and over. Not a big flap, just as if I were to lift my arm from my side and down and then the next. Anybody know what I mean or what he might be doing? I am afraid there might be something wrong with him. FYI he is over a year and his wings are clipped from the previous owner/breeder. Any info is MUCH appreciated from anyone who know more about ducks than I do which isn't much!

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    He is just being a duck. [​IMG]

Mine will just lift the wing a tad as if they are airing out their wing pit for a second.

3. pardygwyn

pardygwyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    They do a lot with their wings when they're content or just feeling good in general. You can see Victor doing some contented wing-popping in the video they just put up of his new trick. [​IMG]

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Mine usually do it when they're bathing. one of my hens i had to bring in would start flapping her wings all sideways & wagging her tail when i put a big dish of water in front of her. it was goofy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by