What's on your Christmas list?

i sure will its goin to be used a lot next year!
woot.gif

Quote:
I'm with Matthew....I've got everything a person could want! For Christmas I usually ask God to show me someone to help and every year it seems he sends me someone that could use some assistance. That is my favorite Christmas present to myself....to know that someone has a good Christmas and God is watching over us and sees to our needs.

I do something similar every year. It is more challenging, but I work out the details so that it's totally anonymous. No one can find out who did it. That way I keep my ego out of it and ensures my motives are not complicated by personal expectations. I do the same thing on my birthday each year. This year is going to be a challenge though, since I brought my 85 year old parents in to live with me and their needs are pretty high. My dad is in a light coma and Hospice is coming in to advise/assist me. My mom has dementia and has had a series of health crises and hospitalizations over the last 5 months. She is almost helpless and I have to do everything for her. I can't leave the house unless I have a caregiver with them. So, I haven't been out in the "real world" very much in the past few months to find a person or family that needs help. Both time and money are in short supply with me right now, so this is going to be a real challenge. I'm trusting that God will put the right opportunity in front of me that I can do. As for me, I would just like a little freedom from responsibility for a while.....and some sleep! I'm so glad I have Silkies, they give me a few minutes to put my life aside and just pet/feed/snuggle sweet little babies. What a relief that is after a very stressful day.

Here is an abbreviated form of my list:
Books
Vibram fivefingers- Sprint
3 movies
A working PS2 or PS3
two PS2 games
3 Wii games
2 CDs- Speak Now Taylor Swift and The Incredible Machine Sugarland
BYC calender
A couple chicken saddles
Something to stop the chickens water from freezing
A new raccoon proof coop
the Ok to get chicks this spring

Quote:
Yowzers! That's quite a wish list! Might want to pare that down by about 3/4 before approaching your parents. (I'm assuming you're young with all those games on there.)

Quote:
Yowzers! That's quite a wish list! Might want to pare that down by about 3/4 before approaching your parents. (I'm assuming you're young with all those games on there.)

I don't expect at all to get the last two and my mom knows what I really am dieing to get and what is a pure wish, She will buy on that and price, also it lets her give plenty of ideas to relatives.

Already getting chicks in spring(what else do u need)
smile.png
Though I have ideas on what to give my family, I really dont have anything to ask for. Maybe a Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator? I have all the feeders and waterers I need, plus a brand new coop(wow, talk about counting your lucky stars). I guess I will just ask for a day in which everyone in the family would be friendly and happy( you would be surprised at how hard it is for my family to "play nice" lol).

Quote:
A pitchfork was on my Christmas list too. I found one for $3 though yesterday at an estate sale. So, now I can ask for chocolate instead.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom